I have a two-day training course next, followed by my long weekend in London, but I’m taking a little therapeutic surf this evening. The weather outside is atrocious, a severe weather warning is in effect for England and Ireland, and I can see, out the window, that the wind will be on my face on my walk home. Oh, well, here are a few things that have made me smile this week:
- A PC as Modern Art? Have a look…
- Engrish is always enlightening, if surreal at, well, most times.
- User Friendly is still my favourite online comic strip.
- A big shout out to Big Vili, Finnish purveyor of Rap, a MPC1000 user with a link to my MPC1000 pages on his site.
- Wil Wheaton is on top of the world, kinda, with the release of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the PS2. He has a fairly major role in there, as TV reporter Richard Burns, which he couldn’t talk about for months – agony.
On the other hand, the sad death of John Peel has produced the most moving and genuine tributes I can recall, ever, and I can’t disagree with any of them. Even b3ta.com members got in on the act, such as here. Will independent music ever have another champion such as JP?