the unwearable cuteness of beings
You know things are quiet when you have had enough of telling people how quiet things are. The new Samsung Monitor / TV is working very well and Guild Wars looks marvellous at 1440×900. Otherwise, until something happens, have some of my favourite recent websites:
- GUBU – an Irish woman’s social, political and domestic commentary
- snopes – rumour has it – urban legends
- ze frank – no idea what it is, but I like it anyway
- music thing – music and technology, and weirdness
- japan probe – behind the scenes news from Japan
- tim harford – the FT dear economist column and other writing
- the daily wtf – a catalogue of computerised calumny
- 365 portraits – a year of people
- questionable content – a comic soap, or is that a soapy comic?
- chaos manor reviews – Byte Magazine may be no more, but Chaos Manor is still a home of the brave.
- fundies say the darndest things – still think religion is sensible?
- metroblogging: dublin london new york city toronto etc.
- church of the flying spaghetti monster – the”hate mail” section is partucularly illuminating
- random acts of reality – the life of a London Emergency Medical Technician
- schneier on security – by the author of Beyond Security
- design observer – writings about design and culture
- craphound.com – SF and other writing by Cory Doctorow
- KurzweilAI.net – the changing nature of technology
- cute overload – home of the kittehs and interspecies snorgling
The last site is quite safe for work, unless you have female co-workers; they might spend the rest of the afternoon at your monitor, drooling on your keyboard at the overwhelming cuteness of it all. If you have to ask what a snorgle is… go and see for yourself, and prepare to say awwwwww….